Digital Marketing is an ever evolving bundle or package of marketing strategies that help businesses reach their audience in this wide vast digital space. While the marketing trends around the industries keeps changing, it’s very important for every business to also go with the flow, try and test different strategies and stick to what works well for their niche.
A digital marketing services agency plays an important role in getting businesses achieve their goals in terms of brand visibility, lead generation and client retention. There are a lot of agencies out there who offer digital marketing packages. We at ColorWhistle honestly feel that there can never be a ‘one package fits all’ approach when it comes to digital marketing.
Let’s see why.
Businesses of multiple sizes – from a startup to an enterprise, of multiple locations – from a small local town to a big city, with a budget ranging from $500 to millions of dollars are trying various ways to boost their online presence with digital marketing. There are so many factors that need to be considered even before planning for digital marketing. A predefined package cannot do the full justice to your unique business needs.
TABLE OF CONTENT
Custom Digital Marketing Packages - The Need
So, if a general digital marketing package doesn’t fit all the business, how can one build their own custom digital marketing package? That’s all the stuff that we are going to discuss in this blog in a detailed way.
At the end of this blog, you will be able to plan, strategize and build a custom package on your own or atleast get the knowledge of what to expect from a digital marketing agency when you approach one. You can read more about the questions you can ask when you hire an seo agency here.
Ready to learn about how to customize and build your own digital marketing package? Let’s start right away!
Common Elements In A Digital Marketing Packages
- Technical Audits
- On Page Optimization
- Off Page Optimization
- Local Search Optimization
- Website Optimization
- Pay Per Click Ads (PPC)
- Social Media Marketing
- Online reputation Management
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Blog Optimization
- Customer Support
Types of Engagements with a Digital Marketing Agency
You can engage yourself in multiple ways with a digital marketing agency. There has been quite a lot of debate about whether you should have a digital marketing team inhouse or hire an agency to do the work. But we strongly recommend hiring a digital marketing agency as you can get a variety of services and a big pool of knowledge base, because an agency is constantly in the business and is more aware of the trends that surround every industry. Also digital agencies are experts in doing the math (Like keyword strategies, link building strategies etc.) for you while you can concentrate on the other end of your business.
Let’s see how and where we can start once you decide to start outsourcing or switch (in the right way!) to a new digital marketing agency.
The Quick Digital Marketing Basics
Lots of terminologies are used around digital marketing and it’s very essential to know the basics to start with. This helps you to understand the terminologies and tools we are going to discuss later in this blog.
SEO Services (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO services enables you to understand or define how your customer searches for you and reaches you via search engines. By having a clear SEO plan you can improve your visibility and ranking in search results
SEM Services (Search Engine Marketing)
SEM is the practice of using paid advertisements to appear on search engines results page
PPC (Pay Per Click)
PPC is one model of internet marketing where the advertisers pay a fee every time their ad gets clicked
Local Search Marketing Services
Local SEO services enable you to find a place in the local competition and promote your business online, locally
Content Marketing Services
Content marketing services help you to promote your business via content. Content here may refer to blogs, ebooks, white papers, vlogs, infographics and much more
Email Marketing Services
How many promotional emails do you receive a day? All these are strategized and executed on an assumption that you will become the advertisers customer one day 🙂
SMM (Social Media Marketing)
All the ads, posts you see in social media are aimed at pulling your attention towards their brand or products. How many products have you known or bought just by seeing a facebook or an instagram ad? Worth a thought right?
Marketing automation is the process by which you define the customer journey and behaviour with help of a CRM. Imagine you have a big customer base and you plan to nurture all your prospective leads on a daily/weekly or monthly basis. A marketing automation tool will be of great help.
In addition to all the above listed tactics, there are remarketing, influencer marketing, online PRs, affiliate marketing, online reputation management, voice based marketing, AR/VR marketing etc.
Remember, Just building a responsive website and adding Google Search Console or Google Analytics will not help you generate traffic or gain clients. These are just tools built to monitor the activities around your website.
Digital Marketing - The Initial Plan
No work is successful without planning. According to Internet live stats, There are over 79,000 searches per second on Google. It’s very evident that if you are entering into this big bubble of the internet, you will have to compete with the big fishes who are already leading their way with smart digital marketing techniques and strategies in their respective industries. So planning is the first and the most important step.
Here are the questions you should first get answers for.
1. The Why
First, understand why digital marketing is essential for your business. It’s not like you invest $XXX on day 1 and see results on day 5. It takes a minimum of 6 months to 12 months to see actual results. With the right strategy you can even aim for $XXXX in return. If you are looking for immediate results there are methods like PPC (Pay Per Click) or print ads, but that’s a one-time spend & return technique. General digital marketing is more about tailoring multiple techniques together to get a combined output
2. The What
What are the goals of your business? It can be anything like to make your brand visible, to bring in more traffic, to make your audience see your products everyday, to sell your products, to build a community or customer base etc. Defining the goals in the first hand helps you to focus on them and take the right direction with the right strategies and tools
3. The Who
Now that you know some basics and have structured what your goals are , it’s necessary to write down who your audience are. Are you looking to do it for local or global? These questions will lead to the next question which is considered the tricky part in the planning process
4. The Where
Now with a clear picture of what you want and who your business is going to serve, it’s time to see where your audience is actually coming from. Will they search for you organically? Or are they mostly on Facebook and Instagram? Or are they entrepreneurs who are mostly on LinkedIn? Determining these will help us get a holistic view of what actions need to be taken to get them right in the place they are.
5. The Tools
When all of the above questions are answered, now it’s the digital marketing agency’s role to determine the strategies and come up with relevant tools that will work for your business. The right tools combined with the right strategy will enable easy monitoring and easy analysis of how your strategies are performing.
Before beginning the actual work, it’s necessary to take a full audit of the website or the social media page and see how it’s performing currently and areas of improvement. This will help you to compare details and numbers after your digital marketing agency starts work.
The below video will help you get more information around this subject.
From all the above information, let’s see how we can start customizing digital marketing packages for small businesses.
As each small business is unique in its own way, it’s better to start with SEO, Social Media and a minimum of one paid marketing technique. There should be discussions on which channel works and how much you can invest in either of the channels.
Takeaways from this section:
- Know the basics before choosing any generic digital marketing package
- Do the math – Determine what your business actually needs from digital marketing
- Ask Questions – The right questions enables a great partnership with your agency
- Have measurable, practical goals and work towards it for ‘real results’
‘Channel Focussed’ Digital Marketing Packages
Digital marketing strategy can be defined in a lot of ways.
At ColorWhsitle, we try different ways at multiple channels to achieve any particular goal for our own website.
For example, if our goal is to achieve 1000 visitors a week (from 850 approximately), we first lay down all possible ways to generate traffic to our website. These are quick goals in an already SEO built website.
We can start writing informative blogs, pin more information that our audience is looking for in pinterest and start posting more informational articles in other social media channels that link back to our website.
‘One strategy works for all’ is never an option with Digital Marketing. Also, digital marketing is not a one time activity. It’s a continuous activity like what sales is to any business. There should be constant exploration, updation and transformation in this process.
For example, a blogger who aims at more traffic to his/her blog is totally different from an automobile spare parts store owner looking for more customers to buy online. So, the packages have to be custom tailored for both of them to achieve their respective goals.
We can find quite a bunch of channel focused packages we can concentrate on and they are explained briefly in the following section.
SEO Packages:80% of shoppers start their search online. So it is essential you have a strong SEO built in your website. This paves an organic way of people landing to your website by just clicking on the link from the search results. SEO is considered the most powerful technique in Digital Marketing as this is the foundation if you are having long-term goals. The same can be achieved by optimizing your website for most searched keywords. Writing original content with proper user intent keywords also makes the search engines automatically suggest your page when your optimized keywords are searched for. There are a few subtopics we can cover here.
Ecommerce SEO Packages
If you are looking at boosting your ecommerce store ranking, then you’ll have to give special attention more than traditional SEO. If you are using any of the ecommerce platforms like shopify, WordPress, BigCommerce, Woocommerce etc., then its essential to have a custom ecommerce SEO strategy. Aiming at techniques like product markup, product SEO copywriting, product image optimization, product descriptions, professional copywriting, content promotion etc., you can ensure that your ecommerce store will achieve the defined goals through a period of time consistently.
Local SEO Packages
Local SEO is another essential SEO practice where you enable your customers to find you locally and you remain on the top of their mind whenever they search for the products your business is associated with. Without local SEO you might miss on the most qualified leads in your neighborhood which in turn affects your sales. Local SEO aims mostly on the ‘near me’ keywords which is the most searched way to look out for a product or a place on mobile preferably. Activities like Google My Business optimization, building local citations, local keywords targeting, ratings and review management, link building, analyzing user experience(UX) can help achieve a better ROI in local SEO.
International SEO Packages
The process of optimizing your website for specific countries and for specific business is termed as international SEO. Structuring your website’s URL for international sites, language-targeting your website, tailoring your content based on the users language, currency, time zone etc., plays a key role to achieve success with international SEO. Moz has created an international SEO checklist for more clarity. Keep exploring and apply new skills to work to achieve desired results in international SEO.
Enterprise SEO Packages
Increasing your sales and boosting your online dominance are the key areas enterprise SEO targets at. Search always dominates the buying funnel. With a perfect enterprise SEO strategy your business can always remain at the top of the search engine results that in turn boosts your sales and market dominance. With a proper SEO audit, conversion analysis, social media strategy and earned media your business can generate more qualified leads and achieve impressive close rates.
Social Media Packages:Social Media packages are built to improve customer base, generate more traffic, maintain/nurture existing clients, increase brand awareness, client satisfaction etc. With social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest etc you can promote your company and its services or products and obtain maximum visibility online. Also these channels make ways to collect feedback and improve customer loyalty via ratings and reviews etc.
Email Marketing Packages:Email marketing is vastly used to nurture your prospective leads to conversion. Not all users who visit your website become a lead instantly. So it’s essential you nurture them via email marketing with all the useful information they would like to receive with their consent. Email Marketing is proved to amplify your growth with a very impressive ROI. Creating a custom email marketing strategy paired with the right tools gives results for every penny invested.
Content Marketing Packages:Content marketing is always our favorite subject at ColorWhsitle. Content marketing focuses on boosting traffic and guiding your users to turn into customers with the genuinely built ‘user-intent’ content. Content marketing is educating your audience about your brand, its expertise, products or services. Hubspot says that 70% of marketers are actively investing in content marketing. So the ultimate purpose of content marketing is to create and share articles/videos/images that are downloadable and shareable in visual media.
PPC Service Packages:
Pay Per Click services are one form of digital marketing where you can see results overnight. These paid ad services enable you to get quick conversions and have a very positive ROI. When you include PPC in your custom digital marketing package you also include a percentage for your digital marketing agency as an execution fee. This includes activities like custom ad graphics and landing page creation to maximize the performance of your ad
You can create multiple packages and customize them by mixing and combining the above Digital marketing tactics to obtain results for your business.
Pretty much information..right?
Let’s see some of the players in the market who have created digital marketing packages and some tools that will make our life easier to handle all the techniques discussed above.
Popular Digital Marketing Tools
As the digital marketing pro has rightly quoted, today’s digital marketers live and die by DM tools and plugins that enable hassle free management and accurate reporting and monitoring of the activities they carry out. Let’s have a quick look at the popular tools that digital marketers use.
Popular SEO Tools
SEO tools are built to help digital marketers optimize, analyze and track their activities easily. Some of the popular SEO tools are
- Google Products (Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Google Ads). Have a look at this detailed guide to know more about all the tools google offers to boost your online presence with SEO
- Ubersuggest helps you fix your daily SEO needs by giving more insights on domain overview, keyword suggestions, content ideas and backlink data. You can compare and rework on the content pieces that are performing well in your niche with this tool.
- Screaming Frog, Xenu have created popular tools for SEO analysis like Screaming Frog SEO Spider and Xenu’s Link Sleuth respectively. These tools come handy when it comes to link building and Website Crawling and they claim much more benefits with their tool
- AHrefs offers a multitude of operations with the help of its All-in-one SEO toolset. Its helps to optimize your website, analyze your competitors, study what your customers are searching for, learn from your industry’s top performing content, track your ranking progress and much more
- SEM Rush helps to manage your SEO, advertising, content, and SMM. You also get a 7 day free trial to test your skills with the platform
Popular Local SEO Tools
Local SEO tools are built to analyse, manage and monitor your local SEO activities via streamlined channels. Some of the popular local SEO tools are listed below.
- Google My Business helps you to manage your business listing. Your free business profile lets you easily connect with customers across Google Search and Maps
- Moz Local enables a quick and easy location management. You can manage real-time profile, cleanse data, manage reviews, integrate deep google and facebook and much more
- Tripadvisor enables sponsored placements, ges the business advantage of instant booking and improve visibility of your business with ratings and reviews with the help of their promotional tools
- Trustpilot is a review platform open to everyone. It is used to share your experiences to help others make better choices, and help companies up their game.
- Google Maps is a web mapping service developed by Google. It offers satellite imagery, aerial photography, street maps, 360° interactive panoramic views of streets, real-time traffic conditions, and route planning for traveling by foot, car, bicycle and air, or public transportation. Enabling Google Maps in your landing page helps your customers find you and reach you
Popular Social Media Marketing Tools
Social Media Marketing tools are built for easy maintenance and management of social media channels. As the number of social media channels keep increasing day by day, it will be a smart move to manage them via these custom tools. Some of the popular tools are given below.
- Buffer tools help brands share their stories and build their brand in a much easier way. It also helps to visually plan and schedule your social media campaigns, measure and report the performance of your content to build a positive engaging community.
- SocialBee offers social media management tools, training and teams. It helps to automate your social media posting with their SocialBee App
- HootSuite offers you essential tools for effective social media marketing. There are multiple plans and you can check them here
Digital Marketing Pricing Packages Across Different Countries - US, UK, Canada and India
As discussed in many sections in this blog, the pricing for digital marketing also differs based on locations. The price for the custom packages we create depends on the location based PPC campaigns, the multiple GMB pages, landing pages and the geo-specific factors that affects your digital marketing strategy. If these are not considered your digital marketing plans might get overwhelmed or may under-perform.
For the same set of digital marketing activities like SEO, Indian websites quote and average of INR 30000 per month . This starts from $950 for USA with a minimal determined initial investment. UK’s average pricing starts from £495 while Canada’s digital marketing packages ranges between $500 to $1000 based on the tactics they provide for each pre defined package. While there are a lot of differences in the price range, one should decide on a Digital Marketing agency only after detailed discussions and mutual understanding
Inspiring Digital Marketing Case Studies
Here are a few digital marketing case studies to prove the point that effective usage of the above tools will help your marketing efforts return maximum ROI.
- Here is a case study about how the British Museum Increased Social Media Engagement by 126% with the help of HootSuite
- Learn How Benefit turns cosmetics into connection using Sprout Social
- Read this detailed case study about how Hubspot grew Transfunnels retainer by 50%
- “Marketo will really help marketing achieve its vision”, says Fujitsu after working with Marketo. Watch the video here
Top SEO packages players in the market
When it comes to Digital Marketing there are multiple players who offer right from one single technique to a bundle of all techniques that are available to explore.
In this section, we will see some of the niche players who offer packages for specific marketing channels. We have explored and highlighted very few of them so that you get an idea of how they have bundled them.
SEO pricing packages with examples
SEO pricing packages are built to mainly focus on keyword research, link building, on page optimization, basic website setup etc. Few examples of SEO packages are given below
- Page Traffic – pagetraffic.com has classified their SEO packages based on Keywords as bronze, silver, gold and platinum. Click here to view their pricing packages
- DigitalGuider – digitalguider.com has packages laid down monthly, based on keywords and landing pages. They have four packages termed basic, silver, gold and premium. Click here to explore more about their pricing packages
SMM pricing packages with examples
Social Media packages are created based on number of channels, ads, campaigns, remarketing and much more. Here are some of the SMM pricing packages for you to get an idea on how these are bundled.
- WebFx – WebFx.com has bundled social media packages based on the number of social media channels. The cost ranges from $500 to $10000. You can have a look at them here
- Solomofy – Solomofy has classified their seo packages based on the number of social media posts and creatives per month. They have three packages termed Social, Social Pro and Social Pro+
Digital marketing pricing packages with examples
Digital Marketing packages are bundles based on all the marketing channels and tactics discussed above. While none of the digital marketing pricing packages will completely fit for any business, most of them allow customizations based on case to case basis with a minimum engagement promise. Here are few samples to show how a few companies have bundled their digital marketing pricing packages
- Elsner – elsner.com has created packages based on minimum engagement from three months to 6 months. Their packages range from $699 to $4999 from small business to enterprise level customers
- Intelligence Marketer – intelligencemarketer.com has categorized packages based on business size – small business and enterprises. Their pricing packages start from $1100 and you can have a look at them here
How to Build a Custom Digital Marketing Package?
We have just seen how you can take a ‘channel’ focussed or a ‘brand’ focused approach when it comes to planning for Digital Marketing. Deciding the direction can be done with your Digital Marketing Partner or with your existing knowledge about Digital Marketing.
The actual work of a digital marketing agency begins here.
Once you have all your questions answered and a solid plan to market your business online, choosing the digital agency and agreeing upon the right terms enables a fruitful commencement of a digital marketing project.
You either work with an inhouse team or outsource to an Agency or work out a 50-50 approach. With this you can get advantage over cost and you can try various techniques to achieve a desired result.
Few points to note:
- Reporting and monitoring are the key activities that enables continuous engagement within the team
- There should be constant communication between the team and client to understand progress and monitor data. A dedicated team will yield more desirable results
- Data is everything. Understand data and act accordingly. Do not pull yourself back from learning and unlearning to be more efficient in your work
Takeaways from this section:
- Digital marketing packages can be bundled based on channel or brand
- You should analyse and understand what tactics and what tools will help you reach your goals
- A digital marketing agency will be able to customize a package for you only after a few detailed discussions about your business
- There are a lot of success stories in the internet but one strategy cannot work for another
Step by step guide to build a custom package for SEO
With all the above knowledge we have gained till now, let’s see how we can create custom packages for SEO, SMM, PPC and Digital Marketing automation and finally a hybrid digital marketing package too.
Just to reiterate, there is no hard and fast rule to create these packages, but we have tried to arrange them as steps so that you can take a direction from there.
Custom SEO packages for budget lesser than $500 a month
- Step 1: Find a Professional SEO Agency to build a responsive, mobile friendly website
- Step 2: Setup all Google / Search engines (Bing, Yahoo etc.) related website and social media properties
- Step 3: Discuss and define your content marketing strategy (Target audience, Keyword Strategy, Lead Generation materials) with your digital marketing team
- Step 4: Define and determine SEO maintenance and Social media maintenance activities for content distribution
- Step 5: Monitor activities, measure the effectiveness of the strategies with data and generate insightful reports for further actions
- Step 6: Repeat step 3 to 5 every month
Custom SEO packages for budget below $1000 a month
- Step 1: Find a Professional SEO Agency to build a responsive, mobile friendly website. Ensure your website loads properly in all browsers with a good loading speed
- Step 2: Setup all Google / Search engines (Bing, Yahoo etc.) related website and social media properties
- Step 3: Discuss and define your content marketing strategy (Target audience, Keyword Strategy, Lead Generation materials) with your digital marketing team
- Step 4: Define Link Building strategies. Build quality link hubpages (Skyscraper technique) for more search traffic
- Step 5: Build links across quality directories
- Step 6: Create more re-purposeful content
- Step 7: Define and determine SEO maintenance and Social media maintenance activities for content distribution
- Step 8: Monitor activities, measure the effectiveness of the strategies with data and generate insightful reports for further actions
- Step 9: Repeat step 3 to 8 every month
The above two packages are just samples based on your budget.
If you have more bandwidth you can opt for more activities like outreaching for a guest post, influencer outreaches, video SEO, webinar and lead magnet programs, podcasts, PR and other promotional methods
The area to explore is more.. and the more you put in effort, the more optimal your results will be.
Step by step guide to build a custom package for SEM/PPC
Search Engine Marketing majorly involves activities around Paid search ads, Paid search advertising, PPC (pay-per-click), PPC (pay-per-call), CPC (cost-per-click), CPM (cost-per-thousand impressions) etc
The approach and planning differs based on what you’re trying to market. Is it a product or service?
We have tried to take a general approach and tried to lay down the steps you can follow when creating a custom package for SEM and PPC
- Determine a keyword strategy. Analyse and compare what your competitors are positioning themselves with the help of tools discussed above and arrive at a decision
- Understand how bidding works. If you’re outsourcing to a Digital marketing agency, talk to them about your budget. You can set budget weekly, daily or even per campaign basis
- Set up the campaign and get ready with the creatives like ad graphics, ad copy and landing pages if necessary based on the channel
- Determine the audience and test run a sample project
- Redefine and rework wherever necessary
Remember, you cannot get it right the first time itself.
You must have the patience and skill to analyse and shift strategies based on how your ad is performing.
As said above there is no one rule that works for everyone. Running a campaign is like art. You need search engine experts who are ready to handle it with passion and care to get your goals achieved.
If you are hiring a Digital Marketing Agency to do the work for you there will be a fee for campaign management, campaign monitoring & report, ad creatives and campaign setup that might account roughly between 10 – 25% of the ad budget.
Step by step guide to build Social Media Packages
Social Media maintenance is easy if you understand the basics and the way each of the social media channels operate.
We can bundle social media maintenance in two ways. One with paid ad campaigns and another without paid ads and just maintenance
SMM without running paid ad campaigns
- Step 1: Create all the necessary social media channels with branding and proper description and with all the relevant links to access your website
- Step 2: Start creating posts with attractive graphics and information that is useful for your audience
- Step 3: Start building your customer base by increasing your followers, likes and ratings & reviews if applicable
- Step 4: Keep your audience engaged and encourage positive conversations in your channel by polls, questions and other valuable information
- Step 5: Repurpose content amongst all the social media channel for maximum distribution of information about your products and services
- Step 6: Monitor and generate reports monthly to know how your Social Media marketing has performed
The biggest advantage of this Social media marketing package is that it can be started from budget as small as $200.
The success of every social media marketing is measured in increase of followers, more positive reviews and more traffic into your website via your social media posts and lots of engagement in the comments section. This will in turn improve your brand visibility and increase loyal customer base in your social media channels.
SMM with running paid ad campaigns
Knowing how to market your services or products across various social media channels has become a mandatory skill, as there are billions of people active across various social media channels on a daily basis.
Running social media ads will help you expand your reach, promote your products, improve brand awareness and build a loyal customer base. Running ads in these platforms are also aimed mostly at these criteria.
The major difference between SEM and SMM is you can get the conversion happening in the social media channel itself without driving your client to a landing page. That’s a lot of time saving and there is all possible of a sale happening in a single click within the same window.
Here are the steps you can follow when you have decided to run a social media ad
- Step 1: Do all the steps 1-6 from the ‘without ad’ criteria. It helps to keep your social media channels engaged
- Step 2: Decide on the social media channel. Is it facebook (small business and niche interest based)? Instagram (small business and solopreneurs)? Linked In (medium to enterprise b2b client)?
- Step 3: Ad graphics play the biggest role. Are you going to use a video or Image? Make it quite attractive
- Step 4: Ad Copy (title, description and ad copy) is important too. Ensure you follow the rules of the respective social media channel
- Step 5: Decide on the budget and bidding strategies. Define your audience. Mostly all the social media channels have a step by step guidance material for ease of use.
- Step 6: Monitor and download reports and measure your activities
Socialmediaexaminer.com has a good article to talk in detail about SMM. Do have a read.
When it comes to running a social media ad via an agency, there will always be a handling fee of 10-25% based on your arrangement with the agency. This cost is for the ad setup, ad campaign management, ad creatives and social media channel handling.
Hope now you have a clear understanding of how you can plan for a social media campaign and management or what to expect from your digital marketing agency.
How to Budget a Custom Digital Marketing Packages for a Year
What we discussed above are packages for individual tactics like SEO, SMM and PPC. But now we will see a hybrid of all these that comes under Digital Marketing.
Determining the budget for marketing is one among the few initial tick items. With businesses, marketing budgets are allocated on a yearly basis. This vastly helps in determining goals based on the budget and work towards it.
Budgeting for your Digital Marketing Activities are based purely on the size of the market, size of the organization, your location and the products or services you are trying to project and finally the audience’s interest.
For example, if you are budgeting for a travel tech website, it’s essential that you decide how your audience should absorb you.
Is it business travel? Or leisure travel? The promotional activities will differ based on all the multiple factors how you project your business.
If your annual digital marketing budget is $12000, you can split them into 12 as monthly budgets of $1000 or convert them into quarterly ones based on the demand you have seen in the previous years.
At times marketing budget needs to be doubled during vacation times to convert more leads. It can be determined based on the previous experiences or based on demand.
Preparing yourself for a complete year also helps you to distribute work evenly, wait for progress and revisit your digital marketing techniques if either of them didn’t work.
Digital Marketing Automation Packages and Maintenance
Marketing automation is mainly looked out for in established businesses. Once you have your basic SEO setup and content marketing strategy in place, it’s time to think about automating your lead generation process via a CRM. This helps to nurture and engage your leads and move them further ahead in the sales curve.
A CRM might sound a lot to manage, but it opens the door for a variety of ways to reach your customer and monitor what works and what doesn’t in one single place. Right from simple tools like MailChimp to complex tools like Marketo, there are plenty of Marketing automation tools available in the market.
With the use of marketing automation you can easily automate repetitive tasks and avoid the hassle of getting into a monotonous routine with your prospective lead list.
Marketing automation involves activities like behavioral tracking, email marketing, lead generation, lead management / nurturing, user onboarding, customer retention, social media marketing, analytics / performance monitoring and much more.
Don’t Delegate, Automate is a good read under this topic.
Popular Marketing Automation Tools
- Marketo has solutions for every digital marketing need. You can carry out a variety of marketing activities like marketing data environment, content personalization, cross-channel engagement, experience automation and much more. You also have customized solutions to attract and convert prospects, grow customer relationships, scale up your marketing and much more,
- Hubspot offers Marketing, sales, and service software that helps your business grow. They have multiple products like Marketing Hub, Sales Hub, Services Hub, CMS hub etc. You can increase your traffic, connect with leads, close and manage leads with multiple support tools.
- MailChimp is a popular marketing automation platform where you can start instantly. They help to boost sales with shoppable landing pages, grow your audience with signup forms and find new customers with digital ads. Whether you’re looking to take your business online for the first time or scale your existing business, mailchimp offers the tools you need to sell more
- Get Response is a comprehensive marketing software platform that helps you create content, boost sales, and increase traffic to your website. Integrated email marketing, autoresponders, and landing pages let you automate essential tasks and launch effective marketing campaigns. Advanced analytics make it easy to track conversions, leads, and ROI, and learn what your customers want. Customizable template scenarios do the work for you – no coding necessary. (As defined in their website)
- Active Campaign gives you the email marketing, marketing automation, and CRM tools you need to create incredible customer experiences.They offer features like automation segmentation, contact management and email marketing. You can get access to advanced reporting, integrated forms, site tracking, migration services and much more.
- Keap (a.k.a InfustionSoft) is the most powerful product, offering an all-in-one solution that provides advanced marketing and sales automation, fully customizable campaigns, and powerful app integration. You can check what all they offer here
- Zapier is an automation tool that allows you to create automated workflows called zaps. The main advantage of using zapier is there is no coding knowledge required. You can learn more about zapier here
Outsourcing Marketing Automation
Marketing automation is more of an expert’s work that will help you strategize and take the right directions. Most of these marketing automation tools offer certifications and it would be easy if you hire a certified marketing automation expert for knowledgeable suggestions in the respective platforms.
With marketing automation comes activities like connecting with the respective APIs with your form outputs to track lead generation and to enhance lead nurturing.
In addition to these automation tools we can take help of monitoring tools like Hotjar, Webengage etc to add more value to the automation tools you use. Few tools like MixPanel, Adobe Cloud, KissMetrics etc to help you track events, conversions, and your users’ behavior.
Get in touch with a digital marketing agency who specialize in these marketing automation tools to handle your digital marketing like a pro..
Sample Digital Marketing Packages with scenarios
Now that we have mostly covered A-Z of digital marketing, let’s see how we at ColorWhistle built custom digital marketing pricing packages for our clients. We have used generic names to maintain anonymity of our clients.
John Doe is a small business owner and has just built his own website with a wordpress template. He needs to start with Digital Marketing with a possible low budget. He also plans to do aggressive digital marketing after 6 months. So for now he just wants to get his website ready with the basics.
This is how ColorWhistle proposed a low budget digital marketing package to the client
The above was a basic start up digital marketing package that involved tactics from SEO and SMM. With this basic approach the client will be able to slowly build his customer base and start ranking in the search engines.
Patricia has a small consulting company for six sigma and lean sigma and has a website for almost 8 years without much engagement. When they approached us we helped them get a good responsive website, post which we created a custom digital marketing package for both maintenance and ad campaigns.
Here is the bundle we arrived at after multiple brainstorming sessions.
Robert is a cardiologist and runs his own clinic. When he realized the importance of having a website and benefits of digital marketing, he approached us and we helped him get a new shining website with all the app integrations for doctors and suggested the below bundle for digital marketing.
Constant updates and monitoring helped the doctor with more appointments and more customer engagement was planned via research papers and informative blogs to improve his community base.
Sharon owns a consulting company that serves enterprise clients on a large scale. Their website was old and outdated with minimal SEO activity. Colorwhistle helped revamp their website with the latest trends and for digital marketing we opted for marketing automation as their customer base was huge.
Together we chose Marketo, Getresponse, Salesforce & Zappier to automate lead generation, campaigns and email marketing successfully with that tool.
Here is the package we created for that client
Digital Marketing Packages FAQs
1. What Are Digital Marketing Packages?
Packages that cover all the SEO and Marketing activities included as one are Digital Marketing Packages. They are a combination of various marketing activities to enable successful lead generation, Brand Promotion and Brand Awareness of any particular brand.
2. Why should we opt for a digital marketing package?
As Digital Marketing Packages are tailored with multiple activities, it’s better to take them as a bundle. Packages are cost efficient and time bound. This will help to measure and understand the behaviour and performance of any Digital Marketing Strategy.
You can also discuss and custom tailor your Digital Marketing Package based on your business needs
3. How much does a digital marketing package cost?
4. What is the difference between hiring a digital marketing agency and subscribing for a package?
Hiring a Digital Marketing Agency is like taking their expertise to craft a custom strategy and plan Digital Marketing activities based on your goals and business needs. While, subscribing to a digital marketing package is availing the contents of that package alone for a particular cost.
We recommend hiring a Digital Marketing Agency as it will open up opportunities for more discussions and marketing planning which will in turn enable a healthy strategy and execution for your business.
5. What will be included in a digital marketing package?
Below is an exhaustive list that can come under any digital marketing package. A combination of any of the below items which will suit your business will pave way for a custom Digital Marketing Package.
- Basics – Setup / Configure
- On-Page Metrics
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Social Media Profiles
- Google MyBusiness
- Google Ads Setup
- FB Ads Manager / Pixel Ready
- Linkedin Ads Ready
- YouTube Ads Ready
- Twitter / Quora / Pinterest / Reddit Ads Ready
- Upto 15% of Ads Budget
- Blog post / Infographic
- Social Media Creative + Content
- PDF / PPT / YouTube / Quora Answer / Linkedin Pulse Post
- Directory listing + Link building
- Ads Campaign Management + Reporting
- Paid Directory Listings (Optional)
6. How will the reporting be when subscribing to a digital marketing package?
Reports are generated on the monthly or quarterly as per client agreement. The report will contain the whole list of activities that took place. The changes in the traffic, the performance of social media, blog posts etc.
Reports will help you monitor the overall behavior and performance of your activities and enables you to tweak/change your plans accordingly
7. How will the digital marketing package cost calculation be - Hour based or Activity based?
Digital Marketing Packages can be weighed and calculated both ways. If you are looking for an hourly engagement, like 25 hours a month, the cost can be calculated based on that. If you are looking to do just SEO and Social Media Marketing the same can be calculated based on the efforts needed to achieve your goals with them.
Consultative Approach of ColorWhistle in Digital Marketing
We at ColorWhistle strongly believe that a consultative approach is the only way to approach digital marketing. We have worked across several niche businesses like a business consulting company, a digital conferences company, few tours and travel companies, a web design agency, kitchen manufacturers company to boost their sales with digital marketing.
The interesting part is none if these companies had the same set of digital marketing channels used or the same set of strategies or budget. We tailor each package to the respective client needs to achieve their business goals.
Also, we do not boast that all our strategies worked. But, constant monitoring and consulting and brainstorming with the client helped us achieve more results than we expected in certain cases. So it’s never a one way traffic or one idea works for all types.
At ColorWhistle, we try to listen, strategize and then execute and involve the client in all the stages to get maximum ROI.
Are you ready to build your Digital Marketing package with us? Do contact us and let us know your thoughts.