A rather amusing beginning to the blog, online teaching & learning can be a challenging task.
eLearning professionals also deal with tighter budgets and unrealistic deadlines on a daily basis. No matter who the audience is – college students or corporate executives, most learners struggle to stay engaged and complete their online courses. It may be due to:
- Lack of learners’ motivation
- Computer illiteracy
- Time management
- Toggling between social media and classes, etc.
- Technical issues
- Adaptability struggle
A ‘basic Zoom call’, if that has become a common word for online classes today, lacks adequate student-teacher interaction.
Let alone the struggles of learners online, course providers are also facing stiff competition amongst each other.
Today, many esteemed organizations have adopted the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) model for self-paced learning. This makes it even more difficult for upcoming educators and eLearning Industry professionals to acquire the right customers and grow their business.
However, the following factors are promising significant growth opportunities in the e-Learning industry for the next five years:
Types Of Educators In The World
But before exploring the growth statistics for the e-Learning Industry, let us look into how the e-Learning market is segmented:
Market Segmentation by Delivery Mode
- Packaged Content
- Learning Management System (LMS)
Market Segmentation by Learning Mode
Market Segmentation by Learning Mode
Market Segmentation by Learning Mode
- Higher Education
When your organization is looking to take a leap into the e-Learning industry, you need a digital agency/technology partnership because:
- They are the dedicated experts
- They know how to produce engaging content
- Their involvement drives down the costs
- They offer quick deployment
Digital Agency/Technology Partnership - Need Of The Hour
The pandemic-induced global lockdowns may have boosted the demand for e-learning platforms. However, the demand might decline in the post lockdown period, especially in K-12 and higher education end-users.
Yet Reportlinker stands firm on its prediction of steady growth in the e-Learning market during the 2019-2025 forecast period.
The report observed:
- Europe, Russia, and the UK have emerged as the major consumers for self-paced e-learning over the last decade.
- The US is the largest market in the world, with the potential to radically influence the prospects of the global e-learning market.
- The corporate segment is likely to emerge as another major end-user with companies opting for SaaS-based LMS as a plan for their employee career developments through their training.
- The training segment is expected to witness high growth in the APAC region (13 countries of Asia and the Pacific).
- Examination training, especially for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, and IELTS, is a major market opportunity in the region with a dearth of testing resources and the presence of a large learner segment.
- The market demand for testing services is estimated at almost twice as much as training services since testing services are often consumed on a recurrent and paid basis, while courseware purchase and LMS access are often for a lifetime or an extended period.
ColorWhistle’s diverse experience in handling various education website design, development, and marketing assignments allow us to easily deploy eLearning solutions. Let us introduce some of our solutions:
Effective Methods Of Online Teaching
- Online Presentations: Online tools like Google Slides, Prezi, SlideShare can help you make interactive and high-quality presentations.
- Online Whiteboards: Using tools like Creatly, you can use it during live lessons to visualize and simplify concepts or collaborate with students.
- Pre-recorded Video Lectures: Great to avoid repetitive teaching between different classes. Students also get the flexibility to learn at their own pace.
- Discussion Boards And Online Forum: These spaces beyond online classes are great for lengthy discussions with teachers or peer interaction on the topic. You can start by creating separate channels on Slack or Facebook or Whatsapp.
- Class Blog: Students can be given assignments to write a blog on some recent lesson. This will encourage more self-learning.
- Online Evaluation: Interactive quizzes, polls can be created instantly during a live class to gauge the attention level of the audience.
Balancing The Partnership - Technology & Education
#1 Custom/Responsive Education Website Design
Responsive and feature-rich website designs will deliver a seamless browsing and optimal viewing experience for your users.
Since the average time spent on smartphones have exceeded the time spent on desktops, businesses may look to adopt mobile first development approach. This will improve user engagement and experience.
#2 Educational Application Development
Features like portal development, online tests, online registration for entrance exams, professional training programs, course management, front-end course creator, live chat, live videos, user dashboards, whiteboard sharing, etc. are essential for a good user experience.
Additionally, we do not endorse homogenization of various applications across various eLearning providers. Hence it becomes even more necessary to brainstorm about the focus group, teaching method, learning objective, etc before deciding to build an application.
For instance, you need not have to communicate to users via sms, email each time they upload their answer copies for evaluation. A simple “success upload” message on the screen will suffice.
#3 Education CMS Development:
#4 Digital Marketing Services For Education Website
Digital marketing services such as Search Engine Optimization, Pay Per Click, Content Writing, etc. will help you to better attract aspiring students. Online Reputation Management will establish a powerful online presence for your institution. Infact, digital marketing is not a one-time solution but an evolving process which requires timely upgrades.
Investing Beyond Service Level Engagements
A service level agreement is typically created to align the efforts of the sales and marketing team. It defines exactly what a customer will receive from a service provider.
Now with ColorWhistle as your service provider for designing, developing, marketing education websites, we would like to use Hubspot’s analogy of “Smarketing”. It would evolve aligning our targets with that of your sales and marketing team to give you the best results.
You may like our related resources:
- Reasons Why Online Education Businesses Should Invest in AR/VR
- 22 Online Education Business Ideas
- LearnDash Best WordPress LMS Plugin for Academy and Education
- WordPress LMS Website Development – The Rise Of Online Education
- Membership Websites for E-learning Business
- How to Create and Sell Online Courses?
- Top 6 Online Learning Platforms in the World
- 15 Top Interactive E-Learning Web Apps for Online Classroom
- Impact of AI in the E-Learning Industry For 2020 and Beyond
- 7 Top Charter School Website In New York, USA
- Must-Have Charter School Website Functionalities
- The e-learning market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 14% during the period 2019–2025.
- The self-paced learning segment will grow at a faster rate, followed by instructor-led e-learning modules.
- The market demand for testing services is estimated at almost twice as much as training services.
- Colleges, Universities, “special” education category institutes (specific to one purpose – educating only vocational training, educating only psychology, educating only personal finance, educating only kids, educating only languages, educating only professional speaking, corporate technical training, etc..) can leverage the power of online technology.
- Educators and those in the eLearning Industry can avail of custom Website design, specific application development, and marketing services by partnering with like-minded Digital Agency.
Get started with Online Teaching by calling us at +91(944).278.9110 or filling this quick web form!
Comment down below to share your experience with Online Teaching.