All data points, statistics presented in this article have been gathered by the ColorWhistle Research Team (around sep’ 2023) from various sources from the internet (mentioned in respective sections).
You are free to share, quote, and distribute the information here for your own purposes without any limitations.
Discover the power of eLearning with these eye-opening statistics, and also explore the game-changing potential of education website development for the modern learning landscape.
e-Learning is the biggest transformation that has happened in the education sector recently. The sudden emergence of online education, virtual classrooms, e-learning sessions have paved the way to multiple budding entrepreneurs trying their luck in this ‘ever evolving’ industry.
While the market worth of elearning was $190 billion in 2018, it is expected to hit $325 billion in 2025. That makes it clearly evident that there is no stagnation or downtime in this industry and investing in elearning is never going to be better than now!
Are you looking to start your own e-learning business? It is always advisable to get some insights about how the market is before planning any business. Here we have pulled statistics from various websites and sources and put together for a better understanding of how the industry is performing in a very competitive way.
ELearning Market Statistics
- The E-Learning Market is worth over 325 billion in 2023 and is forecasted to grow at a 20% CAGR from 2022 to 2028.
- The US e-learning market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years. According to the forecast, it will increase by $12.81 billion between 2020 and 2024.
- The overall global eLearning market is expected to hit $350 billion by 2025
- The number of online learning platform users is expected to reach 57 million by 2027.
- After using e-Learning, US firms saw a 42% boost in income.
- With e-Learning, business retention rates rise from 25% to 60%.
- 60% of undergraduates choose an online education program based on its affordability. However, 39% of them think that reputation of the program or school is the number one deciding factor.
- For US IT businesses, e-Learning implementation resulted in savings of more than $200 million.
- 9 out of 10 businesses offer E-learning opportunities to their employees.
- The corporate e-learning industry is anticipated to expand by about 142% between 2021 and 2026.
- E-learning is the quickest-growing market in the education sector.
- 41.7% of global fortune 500 companies use some form of E-learning technology to train their employees.
- India’s E-learning startup Byju is the Nation’s biggest and the World’s 13th biggest Unicorn, with a valuation of $22.6 billion.
Take a look at the segmentation-based evolution of the global e-learning market between 2019 and 2026.
Impact of COVID-19 on E-learning. Will it Continue in 2023?
- In 2020, the use of e-learning platforms grew by over 400% after lockdowns and remote work arrangements.
- There were over 51% of companies expanded their online curriculum due to COVID-19.
- 43% of educational institutions have started venturing into e-learning modules or at least incorporated e-learning as a part of their curriculum for efficient learning.
- 98% of examinations conducted across the world have transitioned to online mode despite the competency and the traditional protocol followed.
- Virtual instructor-led training saw a boom, with over 60% growth between February and May 2020 at the start of the pandemic.
- Industry analysts predict the COVID-19 accelerated adoption of e-learning is here to stay, estimating over 30% annual growth through 2023.
- 27% of learners say access to online training positively impacted their job security during COVID-19.
- Mobile E-learning remains one of the fastest-growing markets in the sector. It is now forecasted that the Mobile E-learning market will continue to grow at a 25% CAGR between 2022 and 2028. This is majorly due to the increase in smartphone users due to the pandemic.
- 59% of respondents in Wiley’s survey said that the pandemic made them consider enrolling in an E-learning program.
Corporate eLearning statistics
- The corporate eLearning industry is expected to be worth $50 billion by 2026
- 82% of companies use eLearning to conduct at least some of their compliance training
- 62% of companies use online learning and development programs to close gaps in employee knowledge
- 42% of companies report an increase in revenue after switching to eLearning
E-learning statistics on Business
- 93% of global firms are switching to online learning since it is convenient and easy to use during pandemic situations. Even if the company does not switch completely, it will use online learning as an alternative.
- Organizations using e-learning for soft skills training see over 50% more revenue per employee compared to those who don’t.
- Employee retention rates rose from 25% to 60% for companies with comprehensive e-learning programs.
- Companies that offer training completion incentives see course completion rates rise from 35% to 85% on average.
- Employees who get e-learning training are 36% more likely to stay at their company for at least 3 years.
- Corporations saved an average of $200-300 per employee when replacing instructor-led training with online courses.
- 77% of particular companies incorporated e-learning into their work to make use of it and learn in-demand skills for the desired work related to their field, which resulted in an accelerated workflow.
- Employees’ preference for using self-paced e-learning lessons is 58%, which shows that most employees like to take e-learning courses in their leisure time after work or during the weekends.
- E-learning in corporate sectors takes 45% less time than traditional in-person learning as it disrupts the workflow and creates a mess in the schedule.
- Income generation scaled up in 42% of companies that used e-learning modules due to apparent reasons because the learning can be applied practically, and the rest is history. The company value grows and starts ranking at the top.
This chart illustrates the changing penetration rates of online learning platform users throughout various years.
Online Learning Stats by Country in 2023
- The Majority of the Global eLearning Industry is in the US and Europe
- Asia Pacific E-Learning Market size is expected to grow by 11% from 2020 to 2026
- Asia Pacific E-Learning Market will exceed USD $90 billion by 2026
- The European elearning market is expected to grow by $28 billion in the next 5 years.
- The German e-learning market is predicted to grow at a rate of 22% through to 2028.
The Future of eLearning
- By 2025, approximately 50% of all corporate training is expected to take place via e-learning platforms, up from under 15% pre-COVID.
- Mobile learning will continue strong growth, with projections for the market to increase by 27% annually through 2028.
- The e-learning market was worth around $210.1 billion in 2021 and is estimated to hit approximately $848.12 billion by 2030.
- The global e-learning market is forecast to reach almost $400 billion by 2026.
- Virtual reality-based training will see more than 900% market growth in the next 4 years, hitting $14.5 billion by 2023.
- Adaptive learning using AI will become more widespread, personalizing e-learning experiences for a potential market size of $12.5 billion by 2027.
- Learning experience platforms (LXPS) will disrupt the LMS market, growing at a CAGR of 25% through 2026.
Looking for EduTech Digital Services?
Seize and experience the transformative impact of EduTech digital services with ColorWhistle.
The interesting eLearning statistics presented above illustrate the undeniable impact of digital education on today’s learning landscape. To leverage this immense potential, partnering with a top-notch education digital marketing company is crucial in paving the way for a successful and thriving educational journey in the digital age.
Are you looking forward to making your first step in this industry? There can never be a better time than now to start with. If you have any questions or ideas, you can contact us @ +91-94427-89110 or send an email to [email protected].