Many frameworks may be used to create web applications; however, WordPress and Laravel are contributing significantly to today’s online business demands. Choosing the correct technology for your website is usually difficult and requires professional advice from a reputed WordPress development company.
Did you know?
WordPress has a 60.8% market share in the CMS market. WordPress powers 14.7% of the world’s top websites.
Over 1.1 million websites worldwide are built using Laravel (Builtwith, 2019) and this number is continuously growing every day.
In this article, we have made comparisons between WordPress and Laravel, which could help you to decide the best platform for your online business.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source, free and easiest CMS(content management system). It is the most powerful platform for blogging and website building. WordPress has powered over 43% of websites on the internet.
It powers both the front-end and back-end of a WordPress website. Whether it is blogging, e-commerce websites, portfolio websites, business websites – WordPress CMS is the most powerful and versatile platform for variety websites.
Benefits of WordPress website
- Its simplicity allows to build and publish website and its content without any hassle
- It is open-source, licensed under the GNU and GPL
- It is available for free and can be easily downloaded from WordPress.org
- Flexible and easy to use
- No coding knowledge is required
- It is extendable with the help of WordPress plugins
- It is equipped with customizable WordPress themes
- Posts can be scheduled for displaying at a particular time/date
- WordPress is secure, and its security continues to improve
- Has a reputable and thriving community
- The SEO feature, makes your website SEO optimized and makes it visible to the search engines
- Supports in creating responsive websites
- The built-in media library allows you to upload, edit, and embed media files that are required for your website
- Allows to create easy and customized navigation menus
- It also helps in increasing your website speed
What is Laravel?
Laravel is a PHP framework and works based on MVC architecture. Laravel is open-source and has a wide community supporting the frameworks and making it more advanced and flexible.
Some default packages provided by Laravel are Breeze, Cashier, Envoy Passport and more. You can find all the necessary Laravel packages for the development of your website here.
Benefits of Laravel website
- The MVC architecture and the object-oriented libraries helps developers during the development process
- Optimized for security as it has built-in features like security against cross-site scripting, SQL injections, and more
- Artisan Command Line Interface helps developers to easily handle complex tasks and simplifies the development process
- Allows to run several unit testing
- Coding is simplified with Blade Template Engine
- The framework autonomously sets up the new Laravel packages
- A complete authentication system
- Eloquent ORM and Query Builder with Laravel can help with easier database connection and manipulation
- Has a portable development environment with all necessary tools that are required for development
- The CSRF token generates individual tokens for every form submissions
- The hashing technology helps in developing the website with high-security
Development Process WordPress vs Laravel
Creating a website using WordPress is like working on a pre-constructed building. While developing a website, you need not start from scratch. With its pre-built features, you can easily create the website and deploy in a short period of time. The look and feel of the website can be customized and modified using pre-built themes. The website’s functionalities can also be extended using WordPress plugins.
Using Laravel, you have to construct the whole building. Here, you need to start from scratch. Anything that needs to be added to your website needs to be worked on from scratch.
WordPress Web Applications for Various Industries
If you are running a medical center/hospital, establishing a website of your own would be quite daunting. Whereas, with the help of the powerful CMS—WordPress, it is achievable without any difficulty. Developing your website using WordPress would reduce the dependency on back-end developers for modifying/updating the website.
Choosing a domain name, hosting provider, medical theme, required plugins and modifying the content whenever required is quite easy and efficient with WordPress CMS.
Healthcare Websites Built With WordPress
Healthcare Websites Built With Laravel
Every educational center like schools, colleges, and universities would require an official website as it is an effective way of promoting and bringing in more students. With the creation of an education website, both the students and the administrators are equally benefited.
These kinds of websites are usually built with WordPress because of its wide varieties of themes, usability, compatibility, convenient tools and more. The development phase of a website doesn’t require specific skills to build if you are choosing the WordPress platform.
If you’re an educational institution looking to establish a strong online presence, consider partnering with an education website development company that specializes in creating user-friendly websites using platforms like WordPress.
Education Websites Built With WordPress
Many real estate websites go for the WordPress platform as it is available for free and open-source creation. The website can be established at an affordable price along with theme customization. As it has a wide range of support options, it is easy to incorporate any additional features for your real estate website.
The listing of the properties, contact forms, appointment scheduling and more can be easily handled by this powerful CMS platform as it also helps in expanding your business considering your requirements.
Real Estate Websites Built With WordPress
WordPress is suitable and useful if you want to establish an eCommerce website. As, the platform’s in-built themes and features can easily help in building a complete eCommerce store with functionalities like product pages, checkout page, cart page and more.
In addition to the storefront, a blog room, forum or any other pages can be added to your eCommerce website.
eCommerce Websites Built With WordPress
eCommerce Applications Built With Laravel
Travel websites are the information hub for visitors/customers to learn about destinations, to plan their itineraries, get inspirations from other travelers and more. For this, the travel websites must be designed with pages and content that are inspiring and even help customers to have a better travel experience.
WordPress is the best suitable platform for this type of establishment as it is very compatible, sustainable, and easy to use.
Consider partnering with a travel website development company that specializes in producing user-friendly websites using WordPress if you are trying to establish a strong online presence.
Travel Websites Built With WordPress
Customized WordPress and Laravel Development Process
Every business has a unique brand, so should be the website. The customized process would help in creating a website tailoring your business needs. The biggest advantage is, you can establish the website the way you want. You can have complete control over the website and can make content edits whenever you want without any assistance.
The WordPress platform is very easy to handle, by default provides access for content edit, helps in building a website with user-friendly interface.
Laravel’s development needs to be started from scratch, but, here, the option for customization is not default. An Admin portal needs to be created through which you can edit the content.
Whereas, on WordPress, this option is available by default and does not require any developing skills to manage the website.
Looking for WordPress Development Services?
Seize and experience the transformative impact of WordPress solutions with ColorWhistle.
Choose Your Platform
You can choose WordPress if you are planning to run an eCommerce website, directory and listing websites, blogging websites with excellent user experience. If you wish to have complete control of your website, the best option is WordPress, as it allows you to make content edits whenever you want. Consult today with our WordPress development services for more.
You can go for Laravel if you are looking to establish your business with high-security encryption technology. It is the best suitable for finance websites, healthcare websites, trading websites, stock websites and more.
Interest of WordPress and Laravel over the past 5 years (Source: Google Trends)
(Numbers represent search interest relative to the highest point on the chart for the given region and time. A value of 100 is the peak popularity for the term. A value of 50 means that the term is half as popular. A score of 0 means there was not enough data for this term.)
Are you confused about deciding the best, suitable platform for your online business? A professional WordPress development company can help you with better insights and clarity. This would help to choose the right and best tech stack environment for your online business
If you are looking for professional assistance, you can contact ColorWhistle by sending us a message or call us at +1 (210) 787-3600, we’ll get back to you at the earliest. We provide services tailored to your requirements that suit your business.
In quest of the Perfect WordPress Solutions Buddy?
Be unrestricted to click the other trendy writes under this title that suits your needs the best!
- The Art of Love and Code: A Developer’s WordPress Journey
- Custom WordPress Plugins and Websites – Building a Scalable Business Solution
- WordPress Website Digital Marketing Tips
- How to Create a Medical Website in WordPress?
- Top WordPress Website Design Ideas and Inspirations
- Start with Wix, Switch to WordPress – How to Decide?
- WordPress Facts And Myths (We Bet You’ll Be Amazed!)