We’re in an age of ‘Bidding Farewell to Typing’…
With the evolution of voice assistants like Alexa, Google Home, etc., we’re practiced to and more obsessed with voice recognition technology. In this fast-paced tech era, we all are full-packed with different chores and so do our customers.
In whatsoever activity you’re occupied with, perhaps, official tasks, household works, birthday events, festive parties, new year eves, or others, just shout out your queries and get answers falling at your hands, in a matter of minutes!
In such a way, voice search is satisfying its users! We no need to compile the perks of the voice search feature, looking at the current trends, you might already be aware of all these.
- Hey, Google! How’s the weather today?
- Siri, read today’s news!
- Alexa, show me some top picks of Nike…
Being a business person, if you haven’t optimized your webpage content for voice search, then there is no better time than now. Do you want to know why? Look at these interesting statistics that we’ve rolled out below…
Ta-Ta, Bye-Bye, Typing!!!
Mind-boggling Voice Search Statistics
- 52% of people use voice search while driving (Social Media Today)
- The number of voice search increased by 35x from 2008 to 2016 (Kleiner Perkins)
- A HubSpot survey found that 74% of respondents had used voice search within the last month (HubSpot)
- An increasing number of people in the United States are using voice to conduct searches. Reports estimate there are 135.6 million people in the US using voice search features – a 2.7 percent increase from the previous year.
- According to Capgemini, an estimated 70% of consumers are using voice to shop instead of going to brick-and-mortar stores
- 48% of voice-activated-speaker owners want to be provided with personalized tips and information from brands (Google)
- After analyzing 10,000 Google Home search results, Brian Dean found that it takes an average of 4.6 seconds for a voice search result page to load (Backlinko)
- 70.4% of voice search result pages are HTTPS websites (Backlinko)
- Users of smart speakers usually ask for music 70% of the time, about the weather 64% of the time, and fun questions 53%.
- Online searches make up 47%, news comes in at 46%, and direct questions stand at 34%.
Voice Search – It’s Searcher’s Favorite
Percentage of Voice Assistant Feature Used in Different Devices
Voice Search – The Future of Web Search
- One-third of the United States population use voice search features
- 71% of consumers prefer to conduct queries by voice instead of typing
- Three-quarters of all US households are expected to own at least one smart speaker.
- More than half of all owners of smart speakers use their devices daily.
Hey, Google! How to Optimize My Webpage Content for Voice Search?
If you’re looking for effective ways to make your content eligible for the voice search feature, here are some tips.
- Include more specific, targeted, long-tail keywords
- Tweak your statements into question-answer format
- Optimize content for mobile devices – This will become an added advantage
- Try to write content in a more conversational tone
- Don’t forget to furbish your GMB profile as most of the voice searches are with local intent
- Introduce your content to Schema markup
- And many more
Go ahead and try these on your business website. Don’t forget to come back and share with us your experience in the comments below.
And moreover, if you have any questions, do reach our ColorWhistle team either by message or call at +91 (944).278.9110 (or) +1 (919).234.5140, our answers might give you clarity! 🙂