To discover the potential of videos, “Video marketing statistics” are a great help!
Day by day, the consumption of video content seems to be increasing. People wish to grasp information from a video rather than read a case study or email letter.
In addition to that, with the birth of short-form videos like Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts, Snapchat, TikTok, Stories, and so on, normal human spends hours together scrolling for videos.
Videos not only engage people but also impact their purchasing decisions as well. Yes, videos are doing more!
That’s why, in this post, we as a specialized digital marketing agency, consolidated a list of 40+ video marketing statistics, which would encourage you to embrace video marketing in your strategy without any anxieties.
Video Marketing Statistics 2023
- A person watches an average of 17 hours of online video per week in 2023. – Source
- Videos are twice as likely to be shared than any other type of content. – Source
- The average video retention rate for videos across the board is 54%. – Source
- 75% of people watch short-form video content on their mobile. – Source
- 83% of marketers say that short videos should be less than 60 seconds long. – Source
- 96% of people have watched an explainer video to get a better understanding of a product. – Source
- Consumers find UGC 9.8x more impactful than influencer content when making a purchasing decision. – Source
- 70% of viewers have made a purchase after seeing a brand on YouTube. – Source
- Instagram video posts have 2x the engagement of other types of posts. – Source
- 92% of users take action after watching a TikTok ad. – Source
- Millennials are 1.9x more likely to tag a product on TikTok than on any other platform. – Source
- 87% of marketers say video has helped them directly increase sales. – Source
- 91% of businesses use video as a marketing tool in 2023. – Source
- 42% of video marketers say they spend between $0 and $500 on an average video. – Source
- 95% say video marketing has helped them increase brand awareness. – Source
- 91% say video marketing has helped them increase traffic. – Source
- 87% say video marketing has increased dwell time on their website. – Source
- 89% of people say watching a video has convinced them to buy a product or service. – Source
- 79% of people say they’ve been convinced to purchase an app or piece of software because of a video. – Source
- 71% of B2B marketers Use video marketing. – Source
- Globally, people are watching around 84 minutes worth of videos every single day. – Source
- 62% of businesses use YouTube as a channel to post video content. – Source
- Facebook Live is the second-most popular live-stream video platform in the U.S. – Source
- Phones and tablets already account for more than 70% of the billion hours of YouTube streamed every day. – Source
- Globally, Internet video traffic will be 82% of all consumer Internet traffic. – Source
- The short-form video provides the greatest ROI of any social media marketing tactic, according to a new HubSpot analysis of 2023 marketing trends. – Source
- 59% of short-form videos are watched for 41-80% of their length, while 30% of them have an average watch rate of over 81%. – Source
- As of January 2023, 48.6% of YouTube users in the United States are male. 51.4% of YouTube users in the United States are female. – Source
- On TikTok, advertisers can access 885 million people who are at least 18 years old. – Source
- Nearly 80% of consumers are engaging with more video content after the pandemic began. – Source
- Including a video on your landing page can boost your conversion rate by up to 80%. – Source
- Users spend 88% more time browsing on websites that have videos. – Source
- The mobile-friendly, full-screen experience of vertical videos can help improve your campaign’s engagement with mobile video viewers. – Source
- 92% of consumers watch videos with the sound off. – Source
- 87% of B2B video views still take place on desktops. – Source
- Videos that are up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement. – Source
- The completion rate of interactive videos is 90%. – Source
- Video posts on LinkedIn are shared 20 times more than other content formats. – Source
- Brands get 7x more reactions and 24x more comments on LinkedIn Live streams than regular videos. – Source
- Tweets with videos get 10x more engagement as compared to tweets without video. – Source
- 80% of users can recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days. – Source
- 80% of marketers create videos that are 3 minutes or less. – Source
- The video marketing industry in the US alone is worth $135 billion. – Source
Wrapping Up Our Video Marketing Statistics 2023
Video marketing will stand as a supreme power in overall marketing strategies in the years to come. Regardless of whether you’re a YouTube video marketing agency, project manager, or business owner, the global impact of “video marketing” is undeniable.
This is what these video marketing statistics are conveying. Achieving results in video marketing cannot be reaped overnight, but requires careful planning, strategic execution, and expertise.
If you find it challenging to handle, don’t hesitate to partner with a passionate and experienced digital marketing company. At ColorWhistle, we understand your business and craft innovative strategies to help you generate leads through video marketing. Get in touch with us today via message or call +91 (944).278.9110 and let us assist you in your video marketing journey!
Now that you’ve had the chance to explore our blog, it’s time to take the next step and see what opportunities await!