How telehealth improves patient outcomes is a topic that has acquired awareness in recent years. With telehealth, you can kill two birds with one stone by dodging catching the flu from other patients in the waiting space and getting a diagnosis and medication for some chicken soup. Would you like to learn more about these benefits and how they can offer better health outcomes for you or your loved ones?
A telehealth platform is a software solution that brings together all the necessary technology which allows healthcare providers to remotely evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients. We all know “necessity is the mother of invention”, the COVID-19 pandemic was a significant turning point in modern healthcare history, highlighting telehealth’s advantages. The risk of exposing patients to transmittable diseases is reduced by switching from traditional in-person appointments to virtual ones.
How to Create and Expand your Telehealth Application
The decision-making process is more in the hands of the consumer. Consumers adore ease, more control over their schedules, and cost-saving benefits. Telehealth providers should prove that the quality of telehealth care is as good as in-person care.
A comprehensive telehealth and RPM solution can help healthcare providers achieve organizational goals with continuous monitoring and real-time interventions. With the appropriate telemedicine technology, telehealth improving patient outcomes, boost profits, productivity, and patient satisfaction.
Did you know?
According to a study on follow-up visits, the majority of physicians reported no difference in the general quality of the visit, and most patients preferred the convenience of virtual video visits over in-person visits.
How Does Telehealth Improves Patient Outcomes
There’s always been rising interest in contactless solutions for any industry, but the pandemic has brought this enthusiasm to the forefront because almost everyone is now aware of the dangers of physical touch. As a result, multiple companies are creating contactless healthcare facility solutions that can lower hospital-acquired infections and improve patient outcomes and security.
Reasons patients prefer telehealth
- Enhanced provider access
- Greater flexibility and comfort in scheduling appointments
- Reduced financial burden
- Enhanced follow-up visit compliance and adequate treatment continuity
- Managing chronic conditions and medication management
Did you know?
One in 25 patients in U.S. hospitals is estimated to be dealing with a hospital-acquired infection on a given day, according to the CDL.
Enhancing patient outcomes is and has always been a constant goal for healthcare providers, here are a few tips to improve your patient outcomes
- Create an experience that leaves patients satisfied and loyal to your organization
- Need to focus on scheduling difficulties and administrative experiences
- Delaying care can affect patient outcomes
- Improve patient safety by reducing medical errors
- Ensure continuity of care and discharge procedures
- Communicate with patients and educate them about their health
- Improve outcomes through greater transparency
- Availability of specialists
- Convenient patient monitoring
- Although you cannot have surgery online, telemedicine allows you to schedule your surgeon online and receive ongoing support while recovering from surgery
- Health information technology (HIT) is used to provide more immersive and realistic medical training experiences. These pieces of training prepare healthcare practitioners for a variety of different circumstances and for understanding the complexities of the healthcare system
- Offering customized online courses for each learner is another example of how AI is used for medical education. This kind of instruction might assist students in concentrating on their areas of greatest need for development
- Focus on assisting the elderly with a variety of tasks, including appointment scheduling, medicine reminders, and providing information about their health condition
Examples of successful telehealth/telemedicine app which is maintaining a good amount of patient outcomes
1. Teladoc Health is announced as the first and largest global leader in virtual care. It was founded in 2002 with the idea that everyone should have access to healthcare anywhere in the world. They achieved a 90% customer satisfaction rating, and the top 5% of board-certified medical specialists in the world are available in the Teladoc telehealth application. Teladoc health offices are located in 20 counties, with over 15 million medical visits delivered.
Through Teladoc, people can connect with doctors, therapists, and specialists who can help with minor health issues like the flu, infections, stress, anxiety, and skin conditions, in addition, it gives guidance on where to find assistance for more serious medical cases that probably call for in-person care. They also acquired companies like BerrerHelip, HeakthiestYou, InTouch Health, Livongo, and MédecinDirect. The Teladoc medical group includes more than 7,000 doctors. Hospitals and healthcare organizations are utilizing the Teladoc digital platform to improve the treatment they offer.
2. Amwell is a telemedicine company based in Boston, Massachusetts, U.S. The best way to see a doctor from home or while traveling is through Amwell. Their telehealth platform links you with licensed, skilled medical professionals. They offer their platform as a subscription service to healthcare organizations. Amwell operates in all 50 states of the USA and collaborates with more than 2000 hospitals, 55+ health plan partners, and 98.5K providers.
Amwell Telehealth is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of its users. The company has taken extra steps to ensure that all its telehealth services are HIPAA-compliant. All personal data and virtual consultations are encrypted over a secure connection. They have a user authentication feature, so only authorized users can access the system.
Amwell’s revenue raised to $194 million in May 2020. They provide online urgent care, online therapy, online psychiatry, breastfeeding support, nutrition counseling, online pediatrics, women’s health, second opinions, pregnancy, and menopause-related services. They provide 24/7, high-quality healthcare. They also support over 36,000 employers and cover more than 80 million people.
Telehealth contains multiple technologies that we can apply to health services for a wide range of conditions, populations, and settings. The growth of telehealth allows providers to spend more time with patients while increasing productivity. This is an indication of a more patient-centered treatment method that allows for the faster provision of quality care, which improves patient health outcomes. Patients save time and money through these telehealth platforms; patients feel like they are the priority, and consequently, their satisfaction level is also raised.
Are you a healthcare organization that is looking to improve your telehealth patient outcomes? Hakuna Matata! At ColorWhistle, we have experienced experts to help you develop your telehealth business. Feel free to connect with us; let’s start a conversation by sending us a message or calling us at +1 (210) 787-3600 to get to know each other better.
Find time to look at our healthcare blogs to learn more about telehealth.