Are you curious to know about the 5 A’s of tourism?
Apart from formulating an effective marketing plan, the components of the 5 A’s of tourism have to be taken into account as part of your branding strategy
In this blog, we have listed the 5 A’s of tourism which will help you create a strong and positive image of your agency in the tourist’s mind.
Here we go
Today, people seek attraction in everything – the food they eat, the clothes they wear, etc.
Why attraction is important for the Travel & Tourism industry?
According to Phocuswright, 36% of people rated travel as an important priority for spending their time and money. The NYU states that 68% of tourists pay more attention to attractive places to travel. Today, different groups of people are traveling and exploring a lot around the world.
Though all people travel, their reasons for traveling might differ from person-to-person. Some people travel,
- To write novels, epics, short stories. Usually, writers have the habit of traveling to get new ideas
- To spend their vacation, this is evident from the study by Travel Agent Central stating that around $101.1 billion is spent by Americans on summer vacations.
- To relax from the depressions caused by the outer world. The Global Commission on Ageing and Transamerica Center for Retirement Studies in partnership with the U.S. Travel Association stated that traveling actually keeps you healthy.
How will travelers know about the services you offer?
According to Facebook, 87% of people get inspired to travel from social media. Therefore, you can post charming images and virtual reality videos on your page and impress your viewers.
Typically, people get closer to things that attract them. Therefore, you can grasp the attention of many people through your attractive travel sites.
Actually, how can you make an ordinary trip an extraordinary one? The answer to this question will be activities. Other than anything else, activities like hiking, biking, trekking actually impress your travelers.
- According to Short Term Rentalz 2019, 85% of families said that their priority for travel was outdoor activities.
- TripAdvisor’s latest analysis stated that snorkeling activities have gone up to 64% since last year and sailing trips have gone up to 55% within the last year.
For instance, if a person goes for a trip to a beach spot, there should be boats, lifejackets, emergency kits, etc so it would be possible for a traveler to actively go for a boat ride.
You can use technologies like augmented reality, virtual reality to design videos on your websites and create awareness about the available travel activities.
Accessibility to a place is the most important thing in travel as it helps a person to reach that place of attraction. Some of the most visited areas by tourists are France, Singapore, Rome, Italy, China, Mexico, etc.
Each tourist place in these countries follows various terms and conditions. Some rules would be like,
- In Singapore, if you spit chewing gum in public places, you will have to pay $1000 as a penalty.
- Traffic rules are strictly followed in Mexico that everyone on the road should know in which direction to move.
- Both men and women are supposed to follow the dress codes while visiting the holy places in Rome.
Another difficulty of a traveler in accessing a place would be transportation. Based on the regions, transport also varies
- The gondola is the mode of transport used in Italy.
- People of France use Trams for moving from one place to another.
- The Turkish countrymen have underground funicular railways as their transport.
It would be more interesting for tourists if they are already familiar with these transport mediums, rules, and regulations.
When a traveler goes on a trip, he/she wishes to have a good place to stay with all amenities and luxuries. A place with lots of comforts attracts travelers even more.
- The Short Term Rentalz says that 60% of family travelers like to accommodate in hotels, while 21% prefer to resorts.
- The Booking website gives an analysis that 73% of travelers yearn to stay in greenish accommodation at least once in their lifetime
In the olden days, travelers used to book the rooms through a travel agent or by contacting the hotel accommodations team.
For instance, what would be the first thing that a traveler who is planning for a trip does? The traveler searches for the availability of rooms in the net along with many queries like – Are there any local affiliations near to the Hotel? What about the food menu provided? Am I entitled to any exclusive amenities inside my room?
At that time, if your website acts as an answer key for the tourist’s questions, then you will be able to stand out from your competitors.
You cannot easily win the heart of your traveler unless you provide the required amenities.
Interesting statistics about amenities of a Traveler,
Sockets – According to PR Newswire Association, 81% of people agree that they take smartphones during travel as their primary accessory. You can provide sockets to charge these electronic devices like tablets, gadgets, laptops.
Personalized lavatories – Cornell University states that 86% of travelers used the available toiletries. Therefore, you can provide amenities like personal-sized shampoos, conditioners, body washes, hand soap, etc.
When travelers get impressed by the facilities you offer during their stay, even for their next trips they will come again to your travel agency. Also, they will start recommending your services to others. Therefore, the amenities you provide will bring greater promotions to your travel business!.
- According to travel statistics by Google, 57% of travelers feel that travel websites should customize information based on their past bookings and personal preferences.
- HubSpot states that 61% of users are unlikely to return to a site if they had trouble loading it on their mobile device and 40% of users are likely to jump ship to a competitor’s site if the mobile site of their preferred brand takes a long time to load.
This is the sixth ‘A’ but nonetheless very important to attract tourists to the destination. Tourists should be able to afford the trip in terms of transport costs, accommodation charges, entrance fees at attractions and the number of days, which need to be spent on travel and stay; i.e. they should be able to afford the holiday in terms of time and money. Tour operators prepare package tours keeping affordability in mind. These group tours work out cheaper than individuals booking their own tickets and making itineraries for themselves
A successful destination would have a good balance between these six ‘A’s and ensure that there is something to see and do for people of different ages and backgrounds so that a large number of tourists visit the place.
Apart from the classic five ‘A’s of tourism, we suggest a sixth ‘A’ which is vital to the tourism agency’s success, Affordability.
The travel expenses like transport costs, accommodation charges, entrance fees, and many more should be at an affordable price for travelers. For this reason, tourist agencies are coming up with new projects on package tours. This is because, those who are traveling on package tours do not have to book tickets, plan itineraries on their own because the tour operators themselves plan everything for travel at a cheaper cost.
Thus, if the destined touring spots should have more visitors, then the above mentioned A’s should be balanced equally, and also travelers of different age groups and backgrounds should have some things interesting for them to explore.
Generally, in the tourism industry, attraction and activities go hand in hand. Even though the 5 components are important for trips, in recent years, attraction & activities have become the heart and soul of successful tourism!
Thus, travel aspirants should be aware that your agency provides all these 5 A’s. And the travel agents can reveal it to travelers via the website. If you are in the travel & tourism industry and are looking to create an attractive travel website to improve your brand image, feel free to send a request. Our team is always happy to assist you.