Marketing Automation Using Marketo for White Label B2B Client
Marketing Automation Using Marketo for a White Label B2B Client
The client is a team of value-based consultant engineers who excel in providing solutions for enterprise clients. They excel in improving the quality of their clients by applying innovative techniques via six sigma and lean sigma and much more. While the client had a website, it was very much non-functional and not automation friendly.
At ColorWhistle, we first started by strategizing and as a first step revamped their logo and website. We created the following before starting with Marketing Automation.
- Brand guide creation
- Logo revamp in line with the existing logo
- Website redesign
- Brand Stationery
- Brand templates for presentations, documents, letterheads, white papers, etc
Once the website was ready and the basic SEO setup was done, we planned ahead for marketing automation using Marketo.
- Industry – Lean Six Sigma Consultation`
- Technology used – WordPress, PHP
- Tools Used – Marketo
- Region – United States
Here are the requirements of the clients.
- Marketo form integration with WordPress website
- Marketo email and landing page template creation
- Deploy lead scoring setup
- Simple email campaign template setup
- Drip campaign setup based on activity
- Webinar platform integration using GoToWebinar
- Marketing Strategist/Campaign Manager – 1 (Responsible to liaise with the client, understand their goals, and plan with the Marketing automation expert)
- Marketing Automation Expert: 1 (Responsible for all the execution work and take part in all strategy and planning calls actively)
- Developer – 1 (Responsible for quick fixes and edits in the website)
Marketo Instance Execution
Marketo Form Integration with WordPress
We decided to integrate Marketo forms in the client’s WordPress website for contact forms, e-book forms, case study forms, white paper forms, and subscription forms.
We created each form in Marketo and integrated the forms in the client’s WordPress website through the ACF plugin. To track the performance of the forms and maintain the forms in an organized way, we stored all these forms under a separate list in Marketo.
Email triggers were created to send emails to respective admins and users. When the admin gets the form details, the user must get a confirmation email.
Marketo Email and Landing Page Template Creation
We customized the email and landing page templates in Marketo. These templates comprise of preloaded Marketo classes which allow you to drag and drop any element in these templates.
Deploy Lead Scoring Setup
We scored the leads based on their behavior and interaction with the email, web pages, white papers, case studies, etc.
We set up the scores based on the following value counts.
- Email click – 10
- Contact form submit – 50
- Case study download – 25
- White paper download – 15
Simple Email Campaign Template Setup & Customization
We planned to create and customize simple campaign templates so it would be easy for clients to use the same template for different time zones.
Drip Campaign Setup Based on Demographics
We set up Drip campaigns or Nurture campaigns based on demographics like behavior patterns of our clients’ target audience.
This campaign had multiple streams where one contact is switched between different streams based on the behavior levels.
This helped to maintain the relevancy of the content that we delivered.
Webinar Platform Integration - GoToWebinar
Further, we integrated the popular webinar platform GoToWebinar into Marketo. The main integration was to populate webinar registrants from Marketo to GoToWebinar and send follow up emails to the registrants and non-registrants from Marketo.
As there is no prebuilt integration option in GoToWebinar, we used Webhooks in Marketo to integrate GoToWebinar API data into Marketo.
- Easy contact list maintenance and lead details collection
- Quality of lead increased by 150% due to lead scoring
- Easy deployment of single email campaigns
- Increased conversion upto 200% via nurture campaigns
- Webinar follow-ups and data population via automation