If you’re outsourcing bespoke website design for your business, then you’re putting one of the most important factors that will determine the fate of your organization in the hands of third party. As you can imagine then, it’s absolutely imperative that you get this right and that you take all the necessary steps and make all the right checks.
What you need to follow in this Outsourcing Bespoke Web Design Checklist
- The company you are using is capable and efficient and can deliver the kind of web design your business needs.
- You give the website design agency all the information they need to help deliver that package. You need to be in the driving seat at all times and it’s up to you to communicate exactly what your vision is for your website.
Follow these steps and you can be sure both these aims will be met:
Before you even begin looking for a bespoke website design company, you first need to think about the kind of site you need and what your specific goals are.
In other words, you need to do some market research and spend some time thinking about what type of website your business really needs. This is important because it will influence what you’re going to ask of your web design company and it will influence which website design agency you end up using.
So ask yourself:
What are the basic requirements of your website?
- Is it a static website or does it need interactive elements?
- How many pages do you need?
- Is it primarily aimed at mobile users or desktop browsers?
- Is it aimed at a commercial or professional audience?
What are some websites that you like the looks of?
- What is it about those sites that you’d like to adapt for your own web design?
- What don’t you like? What would you ideally do differently?
How quickly do you need your web design completed?
What features would you like to add?
- Contact forms
- Comments section
- Twitter feed
From here, you can now start to sketch something up and collect some links and images that you can show your website design agency for their inspiration.
Think as well about your broader internet marketing goals. Will this web design be going hand-in-hand with a social media campaign? Or will you be focussing on PPC?
Does the website need to integrate with that marketing strategy? Do you need help with this as well?
Finding the Right Business Web Design Agency
Next you need to start looking for the Bespoke Web Design Agency that can deliver on all those points.
At the same time, you also need to ensure that their working style is aligned with yours and that your budget is enough to secure their services.
Here are some things to consider/look for:
- Read through their services
- Does the company offer all the individual services that you are looking for?
- Can they deliver additional coding/marketing/writing if necessary?
- Can you see examples of this kind of work?
- Look for a portfolio or ask for previous works
- Have they built anything with similar features to the ones you need?
- Do you like the design and layout of their previous work?
- Do the agency site look professional and high quality?
- Is the company happy to display its previous work?
- Get a quote: at this point it will be useful to let them know what features you need and how many pages. Normally you’ll have to get in touch by phone or by email.
- Compare a few quotes and choose the best one without compromising the requirements you’re looking for.
Get Started Today!
Ready to get your first quote? Why not get in touch with ColorWhistle? You can take a look at Our Portfolio to see our work and read through our services. We offer a wide range of services and the very highest quality work at very competitive rates – so give us a try!