What is Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
April 26, 2017 Updated : April 27, 2017
Google Tag Manager is a simple tool that helps us to track the goals, events, and conversion without disturbing the website. It gives us flexibility. Without much dependency of the developers, this can be achieved by even a non-developer. Isn’t that cool?
So here we go, let’s discuss about the Advantages, Features and much more about Google Tag Manager. Understanding GTM will help any Digital Marketing Agency improve their client’s website performance and tracking events..
Why you want to use Google Tag Manager?
Though we are using the analytics to track our audience, Google tag manager provides you the accurate result by adding Google Analytics (GA) code in GTM instead of adding it in web pages. It has the option of adding the tags with different modules that we are using in day today life: to track the visitors, enquiry and conversions.
GTM gives us option to track events also from third party; it has features of tracking specific page, or click event that want us to track. To see the tag that is available in GTM, you can login with Gmail and view the tags that are available in GTM. Listed are a few options that GTM gives us:
- Universal Analytics – Google Analytics
- Classic Google Analytics – Google Analytics
- AdWords Conversion Tracking – AdWords
- AdWords Remarketing – AdWords
- DoubleClick Floodlight Counter – DoubleClick
- DoubleClick Floodlight Sales – DoubleClick
- Google Optimize – Google Optimize
- Google Surveys Website Satisfaction – Google Surveys
Here are a few reasons to use Google Tag Manager
- Improves the website speed,
- Maintains high security,
- Extremely flexible for non developers,
- Debug options,
- Version can be controlled and it has a log that asks every time you publish the changes and creates a history for the actions made on the website or webpage.
Options used in GTM:
- Tag firing option: We can control the tag how it can be triggered in a web page. It can be viewed in the advanced settings of tag definitions in a web container. You can select any of these following like unlimited, once per event, and once per page.
- Preview option: Preview option is used to check the added content live on the webpage and it can be changed if the preview highlights issues. That said we can fix the issues immediately.
- Adding Custom HTML: There is an option in GTM to add custom html.It can be used in the scripts for adding any third party websites to track the events in your website.
- Custom Image Tag: It helps you to manage your image with custom trigger and parameters.
To learn more and work with Google Tag Manager implementation, Contact us. We will help you get through the difficulties you face with the CTM or Digital Marketing as a whole. Please leave your comments below on your experience with GTM if any and how it helped you boost your websites performance.
Looking for building a website? Have questions about web design partnership? Let us know how we can help you.